Last night a member from our ward stop by with the missionaries, because we were outback. We were just chatting away talking about how things were going. I have a very helpful ward that is very aware about Shawn's work schedule and I guess they all wantt to make sure I am coping all right. His wife is expecting their first in July and he was asking how I like staying home all the time. I told him I love it, but he needed to make sure she got some breaks. He asked how I was feeling physically from having her and also because he knew I had Mastitus a few weeks ago (he happened to come by when my fever was around 105 and got a glimpse of how sick it makes you) I told him I had southern jeans so I give birth and could be cooking a few hours later. It's just what you do. He laughed, because he haddened heard that before.
I am so thankful I was raised to be as tough as I am. After listening to the whining of someone who recently had a baby the size Autumn and was wanting me to pity her (she's 27), I said "that was the baby I gave birth to at 17." She stopped complaining to me. I think that I just get really sick of hearing woe is me from all these woman that just need to buck up and take care of themselves. My dad told me the other dad that Grandma would be proud of me. He didn't go into specifics why, but none the less I felt very proud. If Grandma would be proud I guess I'm not doing too bad.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Southern Woman
Posted by Footballluvnmama at 10:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It's amazing to see the impact that Grandma Gregson has had on all of us. I love the picture of your girls in the circle!
Post a Comment